What a toilet brush can be used for!
In most homes, there is no fight to get to peel potatoes. Neither in our house, but when we made the electric potato peeler things changed. Now the kids are almost standing in line to get to play with the food.
The electric potato peeler is fairly simple to make. You should just purchase a new toilet brush, though it should not be necessary to mention that the toilet brush should be new and not previously used in a toilet.
Brushes with a round handle are best suitable. Cut it so it fits the screw gun.
When you turn it on, you then have a rotating brush. Just a small portion of potatoes and a bucket of water, then you are up and running. One-two-three and your potatoes are clean.
Photo: Grøn Kommunikation
Use it for tiles too
It is most effective on freshly harvested potatoes, and if you eat them with peel, you can use the machine to clean them from dirt. I also tried cleaning my driveway tiles with the electric toilet brush which worked perfectly.
Om Lars Lund
Danish horticulturist and journalist
Lars Lund has for many years engaged in the garden and greenhouse. Lars has published many books about greenhouses, and he has participated in many Danish horticultural TV shows. He is a walking garden encyclopaedia, and he has answers for most basic cultivation questions – also the more ambitious ones.
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic