Grilled Courgette with Bell Pepper and Bean Cream
The grilled courgette can be served as small rolls. Alternatively, you can serve the bell-pepper-bean-cream in a bowl and top it with the grilled courgette. The latter is suitable if the dish is served for a larger group of people.
Appetizer for 4
- 2 courgettes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small chilli (optional)
- 1 can of white beans
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Cut squash into thin oblong slices. Cut the bell peppers into rough pieces so they can also be grilled.
Heat up the grill and grill the bell peppers and fresh chili (optional) first. Pour them into a mini chopper or food processor and add the drained white beans, garlic, and a little olive oil. Season the cream with salt and pepper and let it cool, while you grill the courgette slices.
Place the bell-pepper-bean-cream on the grilled courgette slices and roll them into small rolls as shown in the picture.
Serve as a small appetizer or as part of a larger tapas assortment.
Om Johanne Mosgaard
Johanne Mosgaard is a Danish recipe developer and author of three cookbooks with focus on green foods. Besides doing a lot of cooking, Johanne also cultivates a lot of vegetables in her garden. On her website Englerod.dk and Instagram @Englerod she shares her passion for food and garden life.Get to know Johanne Mosgaard
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic