Asparagus salad with strawberries and fresh peas
A simple and crisp salad with green asparagus, strawberries and peas made from fresh ingredients, does not need to be complicated. The fresh salad is wonderful to serve for barbecues here at the beginning of summer, when asparagus is in season.
Maybe you have cultivated peas in the greenhouse to get early peas? Otherwise, you probably have them on the way, either as small sprouts or sown directly in the vegetable bed.
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 500 g of strawberries
- 500 g of fresh peas in pods
- A handful of cress
- Balsamico glace (can be bought in well-stocked supermarkets)
Remove the woody ends of the asparagus. Thinly slice the asparagus and strawberries. Peel the peas from the pod. Now mix the asparagus, strawberries, and peas in a bowl and top with plenty of cress. Serve with balsamic glaze on the side.
Serve the salad as a side dish for summer barbecues.
Om Johanne Mosgaard
Johanne Mosgaard is a Danish recipe developer and author of three cookbooks with focus on green foods. Besides doing a lot of cooking, Johanne also cultivates a lot of vegetables in her garden. On her website Englerod.dk and Instagram @Englerod she shares her passion for food and garden life.Get to know Johanne Mosgaard
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic