Mediterranean salad with chickpeas and feta cheese
A delicious summer salad with fresh ingredients from the greenhouse - save the recipe and use it all summer for when your fruits and vegetables are ready to be harvested. Serve the salad as a side dish to summer barbecues, for example together with baked potatoes and tzatziki.
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes
- 2 red snack peppers
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 handful of black or kalamata olives
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 240 g of cooked chickpeas (equivalent to one can of drained chickpeas)
- 50 g of feta cheese
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and the snack peppers into very small pieces. You can tear a fork down the skin of the cucumber to make fine grooves, but this is done purely for the aesthetics and is therefore optional. Cut the cucumber lengthwise and cut the two half cucumbers into thin slices, preferably using a vegetable grater.
Finely chop the red onion and parsley and halve the olives (remove the stones first). Drain the chickpeas and rinse them. Now mix all the chopped vegetables together. Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve as a side dish. Enjoy!
Om Johanne Mosgaard
Johanne Mosgaard is a Danish recipe developer and author of three cookbooks with focus on green foods. Besides doing a lot of cooking, Johanne also cultivates a lot of vegetables in her garden. On her website Englerod.dk and Instagram @Englerod she shares her passion for food and garden life.Get to know Johanne Mosgaard
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic