A crisp corn salad with carrots and cranberries
Corn salad is one of the easiest salads to grow in your greenhouse during the winter half-year and it tastes very delicious in salads.
Serves 4 as a side.
- 150 g frozen and peeled edamame beans
- 75 g sunflower seeds
- 75 g corn salad
- 150 g grated carrots
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 pinch of salt
Pour boiling water over the edamame beans and let them sit in the hot water for 5 minutes. Drain the water from the beans. Heat up a dry pan and roast the sunflower seeds. Stir until they are golden and smell wonderful.
Combine the corn salad with the edamame beans, the grated carrots, the cranberries, and the roasted sunflower seeds. Pour the juice of one grapefruit over the salad and add a pinch of salt.
Serve your salad as a delicious and fresh side salad to complete your meal.
Om Johanne Mosgaard
Johanne Mosgaard is a Danish recipe developer and author of three cookbooks with focus on green foods. Besides doing a lot of cooking, Johanne also cultivates a lot of vegetables in her garden. On her website Englerod.dk and Instagram @Englerod she shares her passion for food and garden life.Get to know Johanne Mosgaard
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic