Tomato salad with avocado
When it comes to the tomatoes from the own greenhouse, it’s always a good idea to have a couple of tasty but easy recipes at hand. This tomato salad consists of only a few ingredients and is therefore quickly and easily prepared. The salad can be served as side dish to a lot of different meals.
- 5 big tomatoes or 3 beef tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ salad onion
- Fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of high-quality olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt
Cut the tomatoes in thin slices. Half the avocado and carefully remove the stone and peel. Cut the avocado in thin slices and drizzle some lemon juice on top to avoid browning. Cut the onion in thin slices as well.
Gather the tomato and avocado slices and garnish with the onion and fresh basil leaves. Finally, drizzle olive oil, freshly ground pepper and sea salt on top and serve right away.
Om Johanne Mosgaard
Johanne Mosgaard is a Danish recipe developer and author of three cookbooks with focus on green foods. Besides doing a lot of cooking, Johanne also cultivates a lot of vegetables in her garden. On her website Englerod.dk and Instagram @Englerod she shares her passion for food and garden life.Get to know Johanne Mosgaard
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic