Cucumber salad with yoghurt dressing and garlic
Text & photos: Johanne Mosgaard
A fresh and tasty summer salad with the cucumbers from the greenhouse, and red radishes and dill from the garden. Adjust the garlic after your personal taste but be sure to use a good amount of dill. Perfect as a side dish.
- 1 big cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 6-7 red radishes
Yoghurt dill dressing:
- 200g of Greek yoghurt*
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 big clove of garlic
- A bunch of fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
*For a dairy free version, you can replace the Greek yoghurt with plant-based alternatives.
Cut the cucumber lengthwise and cut it in thin slices. Cut the red onion and radishes in thin slices as well. Mix the dressing out of the yoghurt, mustard, lemon juice, a pressed garlic clove and finely chopped dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine the dressing with the vegetables and serve the cucumber salad as a side dish at your next barbeque party.
If possible, prepare the cucumber salad right before serving. Otherwise, the cucumber may build up liquid. Just be aware of that and make sure to pour off some of the liquid and to stir the salad before serving.
Om Johanne Mosgaard
Johanne Mosgaard is a Danish recipe developer and author of three cookbooks with focus on green foods. Besides doing a lot of cooking, Johanne also cultivates a lot of vegetables in her garden. On her website Englerod.dk and Instagram @Englerod she shares her passion for food and garden life.Get to know Johanne Mosgaard
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic