Spicy cucumber salad with teriyaki, chili, and salted peanuts
A fresh and easy cucumber salad with a lot of flavour and spice. The salad can be served as a side dish for spring rolls, pasta dishes or other Asian inspired dishes.
- 4 small or 1 big cucumber
- ½ chilli (or depending on your taste)
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (of roasted sesame seeds)
- ½ tablespoon of lime juice
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- A handful of salted peanuts
Cut the cucumber in thin slices, use for example a vegetable grater. Half the chilli, remove the seeds and chop finely. Crush the garlic. Mix a dressing out of the teriyaki sauce, chilli, garlic, sesame oil and lime juice.
Turn the cucumbers in the sauce before serving. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and salted peanuts.
Om Johanne Mosgaard
Johanne Mosgaard is a Danish recipe developer and author of three cookbooks with focus on green foods. Besides doing a lot of cooking, Johanne also cultivates a lot of vegetables in her garden. On her website Englerod.dk and Instagram @Englerod she shares her passion for food and garden life.Get to know Johanne Mosgaard
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic