Peach in the greenhouse
Text and photos: Mathias Emil.
It is both fun, productive and really delicious to have peaches in the greenhouse. Just two years ago we planted a small peach tree in our greenhouse, and this year we are harvesting the nicest, sun-ripened and organic peaches galore. In fact, already from mid-June. We do not water the tree but add a handful of organic fertilizer a few times during the season. The tree also acts as a shade in the greenhouse and is decorated with light chains in the winter. In April, the tree blooms with an abundance of pink, very sweet and romantic flowers.
Om Mathias Emil Pedersen
Mathias Emil Pedersen
The winner of the Danish horticultural TV programme “The Big Allotment Garden” in 2018.
He loves gardens and has an allotment garden in Odense, Denmark. Mathias has grown flowers and crops for many years in his allotment garden. Since the Tv programme, he has gotten a greenhouse, decorated it and is now cultivating according to the seasons.
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic