Matera salad with peach and greens from the garden
Mathias Emil shares his gastronomic knowledge and this wonderful Matera salad with peach, cucumber, carrot, apple, red cabbage, rocket and mint.
What you need:
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
Apple cider vinegar
6 small carrots
4 sprigs of mint
Here's how you do it:
Rub a platter with garlic and place slices of peach on the platter. Drizzle with oil, vinegar, chilli and salt. Let it marinate while you cut the other vegetables. Cut the red cabbage, cut the cucumber without seeds in squares, cut the carrots in fine strips, grate the mint leaves, cut the apples and mix it all with rocket and the marinated peach slices. Finally, add slices of mozzarella to the salad, sprinkle with chilli, pepper and oil.
Om Mathias Emil Pedersen
Mathias Emil Pedersen
The winner of the Danish horticultural TV programme “The Big Allotment Garden” in 2018.
He loves gardens and has an allotment garden in Odense, Denmark. Mathias has grown flowers and crops for many years in his allotment garden. Since the Tv programme, he has gotten a greenhouse, decorated it and is now cultivating according to the seasons.
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic