Make your own tomato sauce for your pizza
Homemade tomato sauce is a great way to store and use the summer harvest from the greenhouse.
This sauce can be used right away but is also nice when stored in the fridge for a few weeks. You can use the sauce for pizza, lasagne or as a base in a spaghetti meatballs sauce.
Spicy Italian tomato sauce
53 ounces of tomatoes of different sorts
4 red onions
1-2 chillies depending on the desired powerfulness, chilli can also be omitted
3-6 garlic cloves depending on how powerful you want the sauce
Chop all ingredients. Garlic and chilli should be chopped as fine as possible. Sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil until they have a brilliant aspect. Then, add the rest of the ingredients. The tomato sauce should simmer for 45-60 minutes. If you don’t use the sauce right away, you can pour it in glasses when cooled down and store it in the fridge. The shelf life is 3-4 weeks at 5 degrees in the fridge.
You can follow Mathias and Rasmus on Instagram here mathias & rasmus.
Om Mathias Emil Pedersen
Mathias Emil Pedersen
The winner of the Danish horticultural TV programme “The Big Allotment Garden” in 2018.
He loves gardens and has an allotment garden in Odense, Denmark. Mathias has grown flowers and crops for many years in his allotment garden. Since the Tv programme, he has gotten a greenhouse, decorated it and is now cultivating according to the seasons.
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic