Decorate the Christmas table extra festively
The Christmas table needs to be decorated and every family has their own traditions, from an elf scenery to a simpler way with just a Christmas tablecloth and candles. That is how it is supposed to be. Though it is fun sometimes to try something different. That could be decorating not only the table but also the chairs. Try this paper cone decoration. It is fairly simple to make and it peps up the Christmas decorations a bit.
What you need:
Moss, conic shaped cones, baubles, ribbon, copper thread or alike, a pair of pliers and a glue gun if necessary.
Carefully remove the poinsettia from its pot and remove a bit of the topsoil so there is room for moss.
Carefully place the plant in the cone.
Cut a cobber thread in a fitting length and wrap it around the cone. Make a hook at the top for the cone can hang on a chair.
Decorate the cone with ribbon and baubles. You can also add a name tag to make the decoration extra personal.
Om Lars Lund
Danish horticulturist and journalist
Lars Lund has for many years engaged in the garden and greenhouse. Lars has published many books about greenhouses, and he has participated in many Danish horticultural TV shows. He is a walking garden encyclopaedia, and he has answers for most basic cultivation questions – also the more ambitious ones.
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic