Make your own juices
Making juices from fruit and vegetables can be a great way to use up gluts of crops from the greenhouse and kitchen garden, and they’re also a tasty option if you want to boost your vitamin intake, especially if the ingredients have been freshly harvested.
Go easy on the fruit
Too many fruit sugars (fructose) can be just as unhealthy as the sugar in cakes and biscuits, so when you’re making your juices make sure you balance the sweetness with leafy greens such as kale, spinach or lettuce. And don’t forget, you can freeze some crops for use later on in the year.
Tasty Juice Combinations
Experiment with different fruit and vegetables to see what you tickles your taste buds, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Carrot, apple and ginger
- Cucumber, celery, and apple or pear
- Lemon basil, spinach, cucumber and apple
- Blueberries, kale and apple
Om Drivhusklubben/Greenhouse Forum/Gewächshausclub
The Greenhouse Forum is the writer behind the articles that are about everything from reportages about unique projects in the greenhouse to Juliana employees sharing their experiences and knowledge about the greenhouse life.Get to know Drivhusklubben/Greenhouse Forum/Gewächshausclub
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic