Soup of Jerusalem artichokes
In April the kids dig up all the Jerusalem artichokes from the Jerusalem artichokes labyrinth. Then we have something to cook in the kitchen, while we wait for the seeds, the kids have planted, to grow.
This is an easy recipe so involve the kids in the kitchen.
For 4 persons you need:
2.2 pounds of Jerusalem artichokes
1.5 litre of water
2 garlic cloves
1 bunch of thyme
Salt and pepper
Strain the Jerusalem artichokes. Cut them in small pieces and put them in a pot with water, garlic and the thyme on top, so they are easy to pull out later.
Boil the Jerusalem artichokes until softened, it takes approximately 10-15 minutes when the water boils.
Take out the thyme. Pour some of the water into a bowl. Blend the soup and dilute with some of the remaining water if the soup is too thick.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with drops of ramson oil (ramson and an organic oil blended) and a spoonful of drained yoghurt to give it a little acid.
Om Drivhusklubben/Greenhouse Forum/Gewächshausclub
The Greenhouse Forum is the writer behind the articles that are about everything from reportages about unique projects in the greenhouse to Juliana employees sharing their experiences and knowledge about the greenhouse life.Get to know Drivhusklubben/Greenhouse Forum/Gewächshausclub
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic