Tomato and rosehip chutney
What you need:
10 tomatoes – preferably mixed in sorts and colours
15 large rosehips
2-3 red onions
1 mild chilli
5 twigs of thyme – if not fresh then don’t use it
1 ½ dl red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
½ teaspoon of salt
Use as many organic ingredients as possible.
Clean the rosehips from pips and chop it coarsely.
Chop the tomatoes coarsely.
Cut the onions in wedges.
Chop the chilli finely.
Put all the above ingredients in a pot with red wine vinegar, brown sugar and salt.
When boiling, add thyme and let it simmer under a top for 15 minutes.
Make sure it doesn’t boil dry.
Scald a glass or an old jar.
Remove the thyme twigs from the chutney and have a taste. If it is too sour add more sugar if it is too sweet than add more vinegar
Pour the hot chutney in the glass, close it immediately and cool it in the fridge.
The chutney can be kept in the fridge for 14 days.
It is perfect for cheese, meat dishes and pâté.
Om Drivhusklubben/Greenhouse Forum/Gewächshausclub
The Greenhouse Forum is the writer behind the articles that are about everything from reportages about unique projects in the greenhouse to Juliana employees sharing their experiences and knowledge about the greenhouse life.Get to know Drivhusklubben/Greenhouse Forum/Gewächshausclub
- Current blog posts
- Three tips for the greenhouse
- For the plants to grow it takes fertilizer but which one?
- Sterile soil is not good for the plants
- Greenhouse plants also get sick
- Hens in the garden
- Provide shade for your plants
- The philosophical gardener’s theory of perennials
- Create good living conditions for animals and insects in the garden
- The golf courses great secret
- What you need to be aware of when growing in plastic